Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Heroines From Books, TV, and Movies


The theme for this week's edition of Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Favorite Heroines from Books/TV/Movies.  I decided to take it to the next level and come up with ten for books, ten for TV, and ten for movies (keep in mind that some do overlap)!  In no particular order, here we go:

Books:

Hermione Granger


Celaena Sardothien



Nita Callahan


Lihn Cinder


Daenerys Targaryen


Arya Stark


Aibilleen Clark


Katniss Everdeen


Lisbeth Salander


Esmerelda Weatherwax



Movies:

Hermione Granger


Aibileen Clark



Katniss Everdeen


Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace)


Princess Leia


Black Widow


Mulan


Matilda Wormwood


Sgt. Rita Vrataski



TV: 

Buffy Summers


Willow Rosenberg


Lt. Abbie Mills


Arya Stark


Michonne


FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham


Rose Tyler


Dr. Martha Jones


Donna Noble


River Song



So, what do you think of my list?  Do we share any favorite characters from books, movies, or TV?  I'd love to hear what you think!  Until next time.

Comments

  1. I love that Donna gif! She is so darn awesomely hilarious (That may not make the most sense, but let's go with it). There are quite a few of these books that I need to read as well.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! :) You can't go wrong with them.

      Delete
  2. hermione granger is so awesome great that she was on your list too
    MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included so many from each medium! That's awesome, great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great googly moogly that alot. Girl def run the world!! I love so many of these i lost count!! Arya & Danareyes for sure (i spell her name different everytime lol)
    ~ Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by - can never go wrong with Dany or Arya.

      Delete
  5. I love that you listed movie and TV heroines as well, great idea:-D Lisbeth Sandler is one I completely forgot! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Of the movie Lisbeths, I definitely prefer Rapace's take on the character.

      Delete
  6. Pretty much all the doctor who girls are on your list (well, almost)! Sorry, fellow whovian loves to see doctor who things! Anyway, I opted out of these top ten challenge because it's TOO HARD! But I agree with many of these (though, I haven't heard of all of them). Hermione, Celaena, Cinder, Katniss, and Mulan (probably would of my favorite Disney movies) are all great!
    Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they deserved plenty of love. :) One of my Disney favorites, too!

      Delete
  7. Haha I recognize so many of these! Hermione for sure, Celaena YES, Rita, Matilda, Mulan, Black Widow (I LOVE that scene in the Avengers!), Leia, Katniss, it just goes on and on! I also really love Rose from Vampire Academy and Alex from the Covenant series! Awesome list!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really should have added that Rose to my list! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows