Skip to main content

Witch Hunt (Preternatural Affairs #1) by S.M Reine - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Cesar Hawke, an Office of Preternatural Affairs agent, wakes up to a brutal murder. There are scratches on his arms, a discharged gun on the coffee table, and a dead woman in the bathtub. He did bring a woman home that night and he got so drunk he can't really remember anything, but he knows that he did not kill her. He saves people, he doesn't kill them. As Cesar is on the run from the police, there is one person he knows he has to find, a witch who can resurrect the dead. Said shaman is on the OPA's most wanted list so his search could be extremely risky, but that's the only way he knows that he can clear his name, get his job back, and bring justice to the victim.

Overall, I liked the premise of Witch Hunt. I liked being dropped right into tCesar's world and getting to figure things out beginning with the crime scene. Our narrator also sets the tone in a fantastic way and the author really excels at describing settings and characters. It's quite dark, but then again I got a kick out the sense of humor - I was pleased to come across the Firefly references. My only real complaint is that in the middle it started to drag. Otherwise, though, Witch Hunt by S.M. Reine is an action-packed urban-fantasy.


I read this ebook from March 12 - 23, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card