Skip to main content

Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Ritter - Review


❋ ❋ ❋  

Abigail and her eccentric employer, a detective of the supernatural, Jackaby are back on the case! First, vicious shape-shifters disguise themselves as a litter of kittens and the next day their owner is found murdered with a single mysterious puncture wound. Second, in Gad's Valley, now home of Charlie Cane, dinosaur bones from a recent dig go missing and, third, a beast begins attacking animals and people leaving their mangled bodies behind. Charlie calls on Abigail and Rook for help and before they know it, they're on the hunt for a murderer, a thief, and a monster.

Beastly Bones by William Ritter, the sequel to Jackaby, is just as much fun as it's predecessor. It drew me right back into their world and I couldn't put it down. In this newest installment, we get to spend time with familiar favorites as well as meet some great new additions. Hank Hudson and Nellie Fuller are stand outs and I loved every second we had of them. Just as before I like Ritter's combination of fantasy, humor, and historical fiction. It has so many of the elements I love. If you like Sherlock and Doctor Who with a dash of Supernatural, you will most definitely enjoy Jackaby and it's wonderful sequel, Beastly Bones. This funny and fast-paced series ranks as one of my new favorites and I can't wait to see more of William Ritter and these great characters.


I read this novel from October 25 - 29, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. AGH! I'm so glad you liked this book. I read the first one and loved it so much. I couldn't stop smiling. The characters and the banter are so great. I can't wait to read this one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a supernatural detective. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows