Skip to main content

Wayward by Blake Crouch - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Wayward Pines has a new sheriff, Ethan Burke. Ethan is one of the few that knows the truth about the town and the rest of the world. He has been beyond the fence and saw the reality behind what appears to be a modern Eden. For the most part, the townspeople have no idea. They don't know what's behind the fence, why they're in the town, why every action is dictated to them, why they shouldn't talk about the past. Some of them think it's a strange experiment. Some think they're all already dead. However, everyone wants to escape, and those that are brave enough to try are in for a horrific surprise.

Wayward, the second installment of the Wayward Pines series, does not suffer from middle book syndrome in the least. It starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. If you thought you knew what was going on from the first book, prepare yourself for lots of twists and turns that may turn what you think you know on its head. While I've really been enjoying the novels, I actually enjoyed the tv adaptation more. I think I prefer onscreen Ethan to book Ethan - Matt Dillon's interpretation of the character seems more likable. Overall, I really looking forward to finishing the series with The Last Town. I'm excited to see how it all ends.



I read this novel from November 4 - 8, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get