Skip to main content

Music Monday: Simple Plan


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

 Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up at the bottom of this post by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm sharing three songs by Simple Plan, a band I liked listening to back in my high school days.  Both songs are from their 2004 album titled Still Not Getting Any.  I've heard these guys have a brand new album called Taking One for the Team which has just been released, and I'd like to hear how they sound today.

"Shut Up!" - Simple Plan's brand of pop-punk is pretty angsty, and this one fits the bill in a fun way - sometimes you just don't want to deal with people's nonsense - seems especially fitting coming from a retail background.


"Crazy" - This song is still completely relevant after twelve years - I find it crazy, too.


"Untitled" - With this particular song, you really need to watch the accompanying music video.  I still get choked up every time I hear it.  The moral of "Untitled": don't drink and drive.



Comments

  1. I love Simple Plan! I definitely recommend listening to Taking One For The Team: I haven't heard it in full yet, but you *need* to watch the video for 'I Don't Wanna Go To Bed' - it's a parody of Baywatch and it is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to be sure to watch it! :)

      Thanks for visiting my blog, Alyce.

      Delete
  2. Wow I'd almost forgotten about Simple Plan, haha. :D Makes me think of my angsty middle school days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I almost did too until I randomly heard one of their old songs play on the radio! :)

      Delete
  3. Are they still making music? I felt like they kind of disappeared in the mid 00's. I remember that one song 'Perfect' that a bunch of people, myself included, would play constantly. In my early teens I felt like that song really spoke to me. I liked them because they were kind of angst-y with out really being all that dramatic compared to other bands that were popular at the time in the same genre.
    Brings back memories hearing these songs though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, but I haven't really listened to any of their new stuff yet. I liked that they weren't as dramatic while still supplying plenty of angst, too! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows