Skip to main content

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 5: Super Famous by G. Willow Wilson - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Kamala Khan has joined the big leagues with her heroes, the Avengers. Being famous is great and all, but it's a little more difficult than she thought, balancing saving the world and Jersey City and her family and friends. She'll have to take on the suits using her face to gentrify her city without ruining her personal life, and figure out exactly what's been going on with Bruno.

Super Famous is another excellent volume of Ms. Marvel starring Kamala Khan that I couldn't put down! It takes up several months after the end of the previous volume after the Secret Wars which are referred to in passing, and it does a good job of getting us back into the swing of things. I loved both halves of the story, but I preferred the second half where we get to see a little more of Bruno and just how smart he is. That section has quite the young Spider-Man vibe, and it works well for it. Plus, I really like Mike Miller!

Overall, Ms. Marvel is one of my favorite comic series. If you haven't been introduced Kamala Khan, you are sorely missing out. Volume 6, Civil War II can't come out soon enough!


I read this graphic novel from July 21 - 22, 2016 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card