Skip to main content

Music Monday: Welcome to Night Vale, Year 2 - The Weather, Pt. 3


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


I've recently finished up Year 2 of Welcome to Night Vale, which is one of my favorite podcasts to listen to.  I started in on it last year, so I'm a little late to the party, but I'm trying to catch up.  Anyway, this is the third and final part of my favorite segments from "The Weather" from Year 2.  Without further ado, here we go in episode order:

"Take Up Your Spade" by Sara Watkins from Episode 46, "Parade Day" - I can totally get behind this peaceful and thought provoking song.


"Stupid" by Brendan Maclean from Episode 47, "Company Picnic" - This has been the only song featured on The Weather that I've actually recognized - and I was so happy to hear it get featured!  I've always liked the lyrics (seem pretty healthy in comparison to other songs that ask the question "why aren't you with me"!)  Plus, I've got to say that this guy has moves!  If I was that girl in the background who loses it, I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face at all.  I would either laugh uncontrollably throughout, or join in the dance!


"High Tide Rising" by Fox from Episode 48, "Renovations" - I'd that the subject matter makes this is a pretty good choice for The Weather.  Plus, they just sound so cool, and who can resist such sweet yo-yo tricks.




Comments

  1. I've never heard of these songs before, but they're pretty interesting. Also, yo-yo tricks are awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Stupid is quite the thing. Ha! I'd not seen any of these before either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three of these songs! I've never heard of any of them but I'm definitely going to have to look up more of the artists' work sometime. I just love your music taste, Lauren!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I'm glad you liked their stuff - and thanks for linking up! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows