Skip to main content

Footnotes - A Quotation That Makes You Laugh


Welcome back to Footnotes, a new link-up hosted by Emily @ Ink, Inc. & Ashley @ [oddly novel title] for quotation obsessees.  Each month they will post a prompt and participants will share a quote that fits the prompt as well as share their thoughts on it in any way they wish.

September's Prompt: A Quotation That Makes You Laugh


“We are not going to die."

Butters stared up at me, pale, his eyes terrified.  "We're not?"

 "No. And do you know why?" He shook his head. "Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die." I hauled on the shirt even harder. "And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and polka will never die.”
- Harry Dresden from Dead Beat (The Dresden Files #7) by Jim Butcher

This month's prompt was an easy one - Jim Butcher's Dresden Files jumped to mind immediately because they're just so quotable and I love the sense of humor.  There are so many great quotes to choose from, but I'd say this is one of my all time favorites from the series.  Also, you can never go wrong with that picture of Harry riding Sue from the same novel!

What's your favorite quote from The Dresden Files, or what's your favorite funny quote?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Love that quote, I know need to read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait ... that dragon is called Sue? AMAZING. I should read these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close - Sue is a reanimated T-Rex (she was "borrowed" from a museum). I think you would appreciate this series, Emily!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! XD This is great! I'll have to read these books some time. Thanks for joining in, and I loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows