Skip to main content

Music Monday: Jurassic Park


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

Welcome to the 1st Music Monday of Sci-Fi Month (if you want to know more about this go here)!  This month all of the music I'm going to be sharing will be sci-fi related - this week I'm sharing my three favorite pieces of music from Jurassic Park (1993)!  Like many, I grew up with this movie (and it's sequels), but the first film will always hold a special place in my heart.  I fully expect a good deal of that is due to John Williams' outstanding score - my favorite pieces of music are the "Theme from Jurassic Park", "Journey to the Island", and "The Raptor Attack".  The video I've selected for the theme is actually John Williams conducting a full orchestra in a live performance - and I have to admit it makes me so nostalgic and emotional.  For the second track, I'm actually sharing the clip from the movie, and it's hands down my favorite part of the score - the brass is irresistible!  Finally, I'm for the raptor scene, I'm only sharing the audio which is totally Jaws for dinosaurs, but if you'd like to see the scene you can watch that here.  For your listening pleasure, the music of Jurassic Park:






Comments

  1. Jurassic Park still has one of the best film scores. I now want to rewatch all the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that, "totally jaws for dinosaurs!"

    Yes, I agree it's got one of the best film scores!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that wasn't just me! :D

      Thanks for linking up, Sassy!

      Delete
  3. I love this soundtrack so much!! Especially Jurassic Park right at that first violin entrance; it's just so magical. Basically anything John Williams composes, I'll listen to :) Jurassic Park is one of those movies that I'll just put on in the background to listen to and not even to watch.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Anything John Williams you can bet will be amazing1 :)

      Delete
  4. OMG I love the Jurassic Park soundtrack so much. John Williams is generally adept at giving me goosebumps, but this one works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think John Williams has written a bad score in his life. This one is certainly iconic, though it's not necessarily my favorite. I'm partial to the soundtrack from Empire Strikes Back myself.

    It won't let me comment with my WP site, where I'm also playing along with SciFi Month.

    It's at https://nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! There are so many great ones - and yes, the Empire Strikes Back is wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Yessss! Great picks! Jurassic Park is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that helicopter arriving scene! So iconic.

    Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows